In Kotsovolos, a member of Currys group, we believe in everything you have to offer. That’s why here, you will find a company that focuses on technology and innovation, but first of all believes and seeks the continuous development of its 2.800 people. In numbers! 94 stores, 2 modern training centers and more than 50.000 hours of training per year, dedicated to our people. Our goal? To plan for tomorrow and be the first ones who bring new technologies that will make our lives better.
Join us and be part of the evolution!
We are looking for a Cloud & Infrastructure engineer who will be responsible for designing, configuring, deploying, and maintaining the IT infrastructure on-premises or on Cloud (IAAS/PAAS) like virtualization platforms, servers, databases and storage. Moreover, his/her responsibilities will include upgrading and improving operating environments, designing high available systems and services to achieve maximum availability for the applications. Furthermore, he/she will have leading roles that include cloud architecting, development (coding for the cloud), and administration (working with cloud networks). Additionally, he/she will be developing and implementing cloud-applications, migrating existing on-premises applications to the cloud, and debug cloud stacks. The role requires OPEX control mindset for Cloud and on premises services.
- Design and support IaaS/PaaS solutions on Cloud
- Automating provisioning of resources by generating scripts and templates
- Create sustainable services and systems via proactive monitoring and automation to any tasks or parts of the systems that are performed manually
- Administer and maintain local and cloud infrastructure, including SQL Databases, Application Servers, DNS, APIM, Azure Network etc
- Responsible for the evaluation of cloud strategy and program architecture
- Design and deploy cloud-based services, along with implementing of geographically redundant services
- Document any knowledge, create runbooks, and ensure application information is available for the whole IT engineers
- Support security team and with their guidance take the appropriate actions to apply best practices on systems
- Communicate with suppliers and external partners, to supervise their actions and monitor their effectiveness
- Execute processes and standards for optimal use of cloud service provider offerings
- Perform quarterly Application disaster recovery operations
- Ability to work on call
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years’ experience designing, executing, and supporting cloud solutions, with focus on Azure
- Experience with Unix/Linux (shell), Windows PowerShell and scripting
- Knowledge of Azure services (Azure Active Directory, APIM, VNets, Logic apps, Resource Management, Storage)
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive
- Hands on experience with tools (such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible & Terraform) and monitor tools (such as Zabbix, Nagios & Azure Monitor) will be considered a plus
What the company offers:
- Continuous training in new technologies and tools
- Career development and growth opportunities
- Competitive bonus scheme, performance-based
- Group health/medical insurance package
- Discounts on our company’s products
- New, modern and pleasant HQs workplace
- Internal wellbeing actions
In Kotsovolos, we are fully committed to embracing diversity, empowering uniqueness and preventing discrimination. And we make that commitment an action, as an Equal Opportunity Employer and a proud signatory member of the Diversity Charter Greece, an initiative of the European Commission to promote diversity in the Greek workplace. Because our team doesn’t focus on Race, Color, National Origin, Ethnicity, Gender, Age, Disability, Sexual Orientation and Religion.