In Kotsovolos, a member of Currys group, we believe in everything you have to offer. That’s why here, you will find a company that focuses on technology and innovation, but first of all believes and seeks the continuous development of its 3.000 people. In numbers! 96 stores, 2 modern training centers and more than 50.000 hours of training per year, dedicated to our people. Our goal? To plan for tomorrow and be the first ones who bring new technologies that will make our lives better.
Join us and be part of the evolution!
We are looking for a Cloud and Infrastructure Engineers’ Manager who will be responsible to lead a team of software and systems IT engineers supporting and ensuring infrastructure beneath services reliability. He/She weill responsible to work with IT development and business teams to define and ensure business service level objectives. Furthermore, to guarantee the end user experience of business services and the business continuity by suggesting and implementing high available design for failure architectures and solutions. Moreover, he/she will be accountable to achieve cost efficiencies by acting as custodian of IT operating expenses. The role requires a proven highly technically qualified manager who is able to understand the business goals and objectives so as to influence and drive the strategic SRE mission.
- Build and provide leadership to a high performing IT team of mixed technical subject matter experts, day-to-day planning, performance development, coaching and mentoring
- Work agile with other company’s teams in order to define and maintain Service Level Objectives and ITSM processes
- Provide technical guidance on executing company’s adoption on cloud technology.
- Suggest and manage design for failure architectures and continuous improvement initiatives and changes
- Monitor staff performance by working with engineers to encourage business development plans and track/monitor business services reliability
- Perform resource planning and capacity management via corresponding trend analysis dashboards and reports
- Creates a roadmap for operational tools and technology needed to ensure improvement in processes
- Coach the team to perform business led problem management by identifying problems and work on their RCA identification
- Maintain relationships with vendors by negotiating contracts, establishing cooperation frameworks and finding the best available vendors in terms of quality and cost efficiency
- Monitor, control and forecast operational expenses on budgeted financial results at the end of each reporting period. Suggest spending improvements
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience managing an engineering team on projects with technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems and/or storage.
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing scaled distributed cross applications and functions business services.
- 3 years of relevant experience in a technology management position(s) will be considered as additional competitive advantage.
- MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred.
- Tracked record of building and managing high-performance teams
- Experience applying modern software engineering best practices to the management of IT infrastructure and platforms
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams
- Ability to coach engineers on the use of automation and best practices for adoption of an “everything-as-code” mind-set
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on time with high quality
- Demonstrated technical qualification and proven ability to solve complex technical problems
What the company offers:
- Continuous training in new technologies and tools
- Online technology courses powered by Pluralsight
- Career development and growth opportunities
- Competitive bonus scheme, performance-based
- Group health/medical insurance package
- Discounts on our company’s products
- New, modern and pleasant HQs workplace
- Internal wellbeing actions
In Kotsovolos, we are fully committed to embracing diversity, empowering uniqueness and preventing discrimination. And we make that commitment an action, as an Equal Opportunity Employer and a proud signatory member of the Diversity Charter Greece, an initiative of the European Commission to promote diversity in the Greek workplace. Because our team doesn’t focus on Race, Color, National Origin, Ethnicity, Gender, Age, Disability, Sexual Orientation and Religion.