In Kotsovolos, a member of Currys group, we believe in everything you have to offer. That’s why here, you will find a company that focuses on technology and innovation, but first of all believes and seeks the continuous development of its 2.800 people. In numbers! 94 stores, 2 modern training centers and more than 50.000 hours of training per year, dedicated to our people. Our goal? To plan for tomorrow and be the first ones who bring new technologies that will make our lives better.
Join us and be part of the evolution!
The Data Engineer performs tasks such as data modeling, data pipeline build, data lake build, and scalable programming frameworks. Essentially moves from complex data sourcing, ingestion & transformation & provisioning to business users or data scientists to further analyze business insights or implement analytics models.
- Implements efficient and robust data processing pipelines. Responsible for the continuous Integration & delivery for DWH and analytics processes
- Designs, builds, operationalizes, and monitors data processing systems with a particular emphasis on security, scalability and efficiency, reliability, flexibility and portability
- Performs data extraction, ingestion, wrangling, data conversion, transformation and mapping
- Performs complex data warehouse ETL processes and diagnoses business logic failures and data flows, to quickly resolve issues
- Reassures technical specification documentation for all reports and processes exists and is maintained
- Tracks trouble tickets, upcoming activity and maintains dashboards for operational stability and owns the DevOps pipeline for the application
- Reassures all processes from the Data Science team is automated, abiding to all required principles before proceeding to deployment. Oversees the deployment of data and ML pipelines. Works with data scientists for the productionalization / automation using Spark packages of any new pipelines.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in SQL, Python
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Azure Stack (Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Devops ) and Big data development technologies (e.g. Spark)
- Basic Experience in Devops, CI/CD and Git
- Experience with programming languages to design, develop and implement ML algorithms
- Basic Statistics knowledge and experience in Analytics/ Data Science frameworks and principles
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; a Master’s is a plus
- Data engineering certification (e.g Azure Certified dp-900) is a plus
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM processes and methodologies is nice to have.
What the company offers
- Continuous training in new technologies and tools
- Career development and growth opportunities
- Competitive bonus scheme, performance-based
- Group health/ medical insurance package
- Discounts on our company’s products
- New, modern and pleasant HQs workplace
- Hybrid work model
- Internal wellbeing actions
In Kotsovolos, we are fully committed to embracing diversity, empowering uniqueness and preventing discrimination. And we make that commitment an action, as an Equal Opportunity Employer and a proud signatory member of the Diversity Charter Greece, an initiative of the European Commission to promote diversity in the Greek workplace. Because our team doesn’t focus on Race, Color, National Origin, Ethnicity, Gender, Age, Disability, Sexual Orientation and Religion.