In Kotsovolos, a member of Currys group, we believe in everything you have to offer. That’s why here, you will find a company that focuses on technology and innovation, but first of all believes and seeks the continuous development of its 2.800 people. In numbers! 94 stores, 2 modern training centers and more than 50.000 hours of training per year, dedicated to our people. Our goal? To plan for tomorrow and be the first ones who bring new technologies that will make our lives better.
Join us and be part of the evolution!
We are looking for an experienced java developer to join our IT team. You will be responsible for the server side of our commerce applications. If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications or improving existing ones, we would like to meet you. You will work closely with our engineers to ensure system consistency and improve user experience. Ultimately, you should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable web applications to meet our company’s needs.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Design and development of an application programming interface (API)
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic using agile methodology
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features
The ideal candidate should have:
- Proven work experience as a Back-end developer
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Hands on experience with programming languages like Java, Node.js
- Working knowledge of Commerce framework
- Familiarity with Continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) processes
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Ideally, previous knowledge in HCL commerce
- Working knowledge of CMS framework will be considered a plus
What the company offers:
- Continuous training in new technologies and tools
- Career development and growth opportunities
- Competitive bonus scheme, performance-based
- Group health/ medical insurance package
- Discounts on our company’s products
- New, modern and pleasant HQs workplace
- Internal wellbeing actions
In Kotsovolos, we are fully committed to embracing diversity, empowering uniqueness and preventing discrimination. And we make that commitment an action, as an Equal Opportunity Employer and a proud signatory member of the Diversity Charter Greece, an initiative of the European Commission to promote diversity in the Greek workplace. Because our team doesn’t focus on Race, Color, National Origin, Ethnicity, Gender, Age, Disability, Sexual Orientation and Religion.