In Kotsovolos, a member of Currys group, we believe in everything you have to offer. That’s why here, you will find a company that focuses on technology and innovation, but first of all believes and seeks the continuous development of its 2.800 people. In numbers! 94 stores, 2 modern training centers and more than 50.000 hours of training per year, dedicated to our people. Our goal? To plan for tomorrow and be the first ones who bring new technologies that will make our lives better.
Join us and be part of the evolution!
We are building in-house a high impact Data & Analytics team with broad skillset on state-of-the-art Cloud technologies, including Data Governance, Data Quality, App Engineering, Data Science and BI Reporting roles. Our partnership with Microsoft enables us to develop innovative and efficient Big Data solutions while adopting the Agile Operating model through CI/CD practices.
The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines and data architecture for our organization’s data platform. The role involves interacting with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements, design scalable and reliable solutions, and implement them in a cloud environment. The output data can be consumed for reporting purposes from business users or data scientists to further analyze business insights or implement analytics models.
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable and reliable data pipelines using Azure services such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse Analytics, and others
- Responsible for the Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery for DWH and analytics processes
- Designs, builds, operationalizes and monitors data processing systems with a particular emphasis on security, scalability and efficiency, reliability, flexibility and portability
- Performs data extraction, ingestion, wrangling, data conversion, transformation and mapping
- Performs complex data warehouse ETL processes and diagnoses business logic failures and data flows, to quickly resolve issues
- Collaborates closely with the Data Governance & Architecture Tower (to determine appropriate data management systems) and Data Scientists (to determine data sets required for analysis)
- Reassures technical specification documentation for all reports and processes exists and is maintained
- Tracks trouble tickets, upcoming activity and maintains dashboards for operational stability and owns the DevOps pipeline for the application
- Reassures all processes from the Data Science team is automated, abiding to all required principles before proceeding to deployment. Oversees the deployment of data and ML pipelines. Works with data scientists for the productionalization / automation using Spark packages of any new pipelines.
The ideal candidate should have
- Minimum 3 years of experience in SQL, Python
- Strong experience in Microsoft Azure Stack (Databricks, Data Factory, Devops) and Big data development technologies (e.g. Spark)
- Strong Experience in Devops, CI/CD and Git
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience with programming languages to design, develop and implement ML algorithms
- Basic Statistics knowledge and experience in Analytics/ Data Science frameworks and principles. Experience in research and implementation of ML algorithms, data science techniques and predictive modeling
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; a Master’s is a plus. Data engineering certification (e.g Azure Certified) is a plus
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM processes and methodologies is a plus
- Experience with PowerApps is a plus
What the company offers
- Continuous training in new technologies and tools
- Career development and growth opportunities
- Competitive bonus scheme, performance-based
- Group health/ medical insurance package
- Discounts on our company’s products
- New, modern and pleasant HQs workplace
- Hybrid work model
- Internal wellbeing actions
In Kotsovolos, we are fully committed to embracing diversity, empowering uniqueness and preventing discrimination. And we make that commitment an action, as an Equal Opportunity Employer and a proud signatory member of the Diversity Charter Greece, an initiative of the European Commission to promote diversity in the Greek workplace. Because our team doesn’t focus on Race, Color, National Origin, Ethnicity, Gender, Age, Disability, Sexual Orientation and Religion.