In Kotsovolos, a member of Currys group, we believe in everything you have to offer. That’s why here, you will find a company that focuses on technology and innovation, but first of all believes and seeks the continuous development of its 2.800 people. In numbers! 94 stores, 2 modern training centers and more than 50.000 hours of training per year, dedicated to our people. Our goal? To plan for tomorrow and be the first ones who bring new technologies that will make our lives better.
Join us and be part of the evolution!
The Senior Data Scientist drives new data insights to uncover business opportunities & revenue streams. The role has a firm understanding of statistics and data visualization (with BI team) for communication, as well as an understanding business growth areas & how to utilize important data.
- Responsible for building data analytics models and surface key insights utilizing analytics tools, techniques and languages
- Develops end-to-end data science applications, including complex distributed data processing, creating an analysis framework (e.g. models, algorithms, etc.), developing custom complex visualization tools with BI team
- Performs solutioning and develops end to end Data Science projects.
- Responsible for creating required datasets and developing model specifications
- Carries out quality assurance testing to ensure the models deliver insights accurately
- Collaborates with BUs to review data sources, data inconsistencies, and business logic for initiating data discovery
- Visualizes and reports data findings creatively in a variety of visual formats that appropriately provides insights to the organization
The ideal candidate should have:
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or similar field; a Master’s is a plus
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in Data Science role
- Strong Experience in statistical modeling with focus in: Predictive Modelling/Classification, Segmentation, Recommendation Engines, NLP, Forecasting
- Strong Knowledge of Python/R in Databricks with 3+years of practical experience
- Basic knowledge of Power BI Reporting & Data visualization
- Certifications is a plus: Azure AI Fundamentals & Azure Data Scientist
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM processes and methodologies is a plus
- Good communication skills
What the company offers
- Continuous training in new technologies and tools
- Career development and growth opportunities
- Competitive bonus scheme, performance-based
- Group health/ medical insurance package
- Discounts on our company’s products
- New, modern and pleasant HQs workplace
- Hybrid work model
- Internal wellbeing actions
In Kotsovolos, we are fully committed to embracing diversity, empowering uniqueness and preventing discrimination. And we make that commitment an action, as an Equal Opportunity Employer and a proud signatory member of the Diversity Charter Greece, an initiative of the European Commission to promote diversity in the Greek workplace. Because our team doesn’t focus on Race, Color, National Origin, Ethnicity, Gender, Age, Disability, Sexual Orientation and Religion.